Friday, 20 November 2015

Superhero Matching Game - What a Nice House!


Happy Friday!


This is a PowerPoint matching game with a superhero theme for the lesson What a Nice House!
It am hoping it will be a hit with my grade 5 classes today, can't wait to play. I added some sound effects to make it more fun too. 


How to play - you can split the class into teams and for every match made, you give that team a point. Or, you can just play as a class without any competition - but as we know, kids love the competitive image. It's a great game for reading practice too. You can have individual kids reading the boxes or the entire team. 

The teacher is able to click on the circle sign in the corner of each box to close the box back - when there's no match. 

Sample slides:


Once they've made a match, keep it on screen until the game is done. 

Hey everyone, I also was able to use this for my middle school classes - for a quick warm up. I think I will do it for a few more lessons, takes about 5-10 minutes for the start of the lesson.

I did a geography theme last week as my kids seem to enjoy general knowledge style questions.
Here's a preview:


So you can download this template and change the sentences to anything you like - even questions for a quiz :)
Note: If they pressed a card that was already previously answered, they had to come up with a new answer.





I also made one for the little ones (grade 1 and 2)
download it made ready here.


Happy Teaching!

3 comments:

  1. Omg this is great. I was planning a house vocab lesson since last week for my first graders so now I can teach em things around the house and the house song and end with this. Thanks girl...hopefully I can take pics and send you them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg this is great. I was planning a house vocab lesson since last week for my first graders so now I can teach em things around the house and the house song and end with this. Thanks girl...hopefully I can take pics and send you them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I have a few house based lessons on here, use the search tab - "house" and more than a few lessons should pop up. :)

      Delete