Wednesday, 21 October 2015

Who Did It? Lesson 11 : Who Drew This Picture? ~ An ESL General Knowledge Quiz


We have just started the lesson "Who Drew This Picture?" with my grade 6 classes. It's all about the phrases "Who drew ..." "Who wrote this book/music?" "Who invented Hunguel?" etc.

I decided I would make a quick quiz power point that tested some of their art knowledge as well as practiced the key phrases. This went really well as the kids were interested as well as excited when they knew the correct answer. I made sure we read everything we could aloud to practice reading also. I can tell, this lesson isn't too challenging so the power point worked well to practice and understand a little higher level English.

You can download this free from my TeachersPayTeachers site.

Here's a preview of a few slides - you just click, it's not difficult.




No prep needed. I suggest you do this PPT after some of the textbook activities.
For my class we did , in order:


  • listen to the chant
  • look and listen / discuss / listen and repeat
  • New Vocabulary - wrote the new words in their English notebooks, with Korean translations
  • Listen and do in the textbook
  • Quiz PPT
  • Finished with learning the chat - listen and repeat button.
Hope it's useful!

Happy Teaching! :) 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you very much. The quiz is a good idea, especially for children who love being excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is excellent! On the last slide though, I think option "a" is supposed to be J.R.R. Tolkien instead of JR Token? If you meant the Lord of the Rings author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, I remembered correcting it but I think it didn't save. Thank you for the update.

      Delete