Friday, 7 August 2015

Coupons at Camp

My 3 weeks of camp are finally over and although I enjoyed it, I am thrilled that my vacation officially starts this Friday afternoon.

I had a blast and really enjoyed my final week as I surprised the students with an English Market shopping day. I got the idea from the school before as they had a coupon system and then a little shop set up for the final day as well. I enjoyed it so much I decided to repeat it at my smallest school and it was a great way to get rid of some of the bits and pieces I had at home - art stuff and notebooks from teachers who have left Korea.

Tip: If you are worried you gave out too many coupons and don't have enough items - make your prices more expensive. Easy fix.

Here's the English Market I set up... just a table lol



The students (3-4 grade) were very excited. 

I only started giving out coupons yesterday and today, and at the end of the day we had the market. They had on average about 15 -20 coupons each.


Here's Yong Hun counting his coupons. (you can also see his hungry caterpillar project in this picture, we made those on Wednesday). 

I think this is an easy and fun way to spice up a camp week. And it was very sweet to get some lovely thank you letters later on in the day from happy students - though I suspect a teacher was involved as they all sound the same lol, no matter! I appreciate the love!





Hope your camp went well and happy summer holidays! I'm off to Vietnam with the hubby for some much needed R&R.

Happy Teaching!

0 comments:

Post a Comment