Tuesday, 22 July 2014

A Funky Project For Learning The Times and Daily Routine!



Click here to download my template!
I think all elementary teachers have come in contact with the 'daily routine' or 'time to do...' lesson and I think it's hard to come up with projects that aren't just a clock and the moving of clock arms...or boring make your own schedules in tables...


So I came up with my very own project template that you can make into a funky fun pulley-system project that shows your student's daily routines!

First I drew my template...

Second, I cut a slit through the picture and then folded and glued the top and bottom, but I put no glue near the slit as that's where the pulley with my head went...

Above picture is my example.

I stuck a photo of every student's head on my pulleys. I just grabbed some thin card (manilla) to make them, in an L shape...

 You could also get the students to draw themselves if you can't print out their photos.

Then you get the students to colour and write in what time they do things during the day.
I left the last square open for the students to create their own activity.
Mine as you see in my example is "I cook dinner at 7:00pm".


My textbook covers the following sentences to do with time and activities:

  • I get up at ...
  • I have breakfast at...
  • I go to school at...
  • I have lunch at...
  • I come home...
  • I have dinner at...
  • I play...
Now if you have more time you could have no template and let the kids draw all their routine out themselves.

Here are some of the final products! (some unfinsihed)













My colleague also did this activity with her 4th graders, in her afterschool class, they turned out wonderful!


Good luck, I'll put the scanned copy of my template up asap.

Happy Teaching!



4 comments:

  1. Where's the template? :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry, school scanner is broken. Will get it up when I can.

      Delete
    2. Hello! What a great idea. I'd really appreciate the template, too! Thanks :)

      Delete
    3. The template has been uploaded! feel free to download now

      Delete