Friday, 2 May 2014

Party Invites

This lesson is pretty straightforward, but it's a keeper! I have the hard copies and soft copies at the ready for when this lesson comes back round again. I designed the templates - about A5 in size each in Microsoft Word and just printed on coloured paper.

Here you can download the invitation templates for free at my teachers pay teachers website - Happy Teaching! 

The lesson worked really well, always do an example, here's mine:
We followed the vocabulary from the textbook mostly, hence the different types of parties. I photocopied a whole lot of black and white clip art images and cut them out and these acted as "stickers" that the students could use to decorate their invites. They were told to invite a friend and on the board I wrote a bullet list of what they needed to include. This list entailed :
  • Please come to my __________ party.
  • When is it?
  • Where is it?
  • What time is it?
  • What do you need to bring?
  • Hope to see you there/ I cannot wait to see you! / Please come!
 This is the display board I made after marking their work:



Here you can download the invitation templates for free at my teachers pay teachers website - Happy Teaching! 

Ardyn Baia


4 comments:

  1. I thought I posted this comment but maybe it didn't work...
    I just wanted to know if you made your invite templates available to download? I could make them but I'm not very good with computers lol.

    This is great by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nadine, it appears your comment was deleted somehow. Anyway, I have just added a link to this post so you can download the part invitation templates for free.
      Happy Teaching and thanks for reading! :)

      Delete
    2. Hi, thank you so much for this post!! I was wondering if you have the clipart images that you used available for download? :D

      Delete
    3. Hi, really sorry but I can't seem to find a soft copy of them anywhere. I've only got a big envelope of cut up pictures... :(

      Delete