Friday, 2 May 2014

Paper Fortune Tellers For English

This is a lesson I dug up, I did it a while back.


These are amazing for a cool way to incorporate craft into your English lesson. I must admit, it is difficult at first to make the printed template - but I think you can do it without a printed template, just make it the old fashioned way and have your students follow you fold it.

Anyway, so the game works as you remember in primary school, pick a number, count the number, pick another number (or letter if you change it up and run through the alphabet) then you open the result- however instead of telling your fortune you ask an English question that has the answer under the flap. So essentially it's a portable quiz paper game for you and your friends.

You can do this with any topic but we did it with our "house lesson", with our fifth graders. I drew the  one in the picture as an example and had the students complete theirs in pairs as during that time I was rushed a bit by my co-teacher. If you are fortunate enough to get a co-teacher with patience, lets you do your thing - this can be such a great, and spread out lesson...

Side note : UPDATE, I have a great co-teacher now who isn't into speed learning which makes me a far happier teacher! Can't wait to do this lesson again soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment