Wednesday, 7 May 2014

HIPHOP ESL "What, what will you do?" Our Class Rap.

Recently we studied all about the future tense, the "I will/ she will/ he wills and they wills". I decided the text book song was a little stale and because the topic was on the talent show theme I thought, what better way than to have my grade 6's perform a talent - and what are all the cool kids doing these days? Well, rapping. Duh. (I like hiphop). 



So after an inspired afternoon I came up with a rap all about our current topic "What will you do for the talent show?"


 Lyric Download Doc: What Will You Do Rap Lyrics

Here's the lyrics:


WHAT WILL YOU DO?



What, What will you do?

What, what will you do?

What, what will you do?

For the talent show



For the talent show  

What will you do?



I will do a magic show.

In this room I’ll make it snow.

I will do taegwondo.

I’m a black belt – did you know?


What, What will you do?

What, what will you do?

What, what will you do?

For the talent show


 For the talent show
What will you do?

I like singing! I’ll sing a song.
I’m so good at Norebang.   (노래)
I know! I’ll play guitar.
You’ll see! I will be a star!


What, What will you do?

What, what will you do?

What, what will you do?

For the talent show


For the talent show
What will you do?

I’ll read a poem, or I’ll rap!
I will wear my HipHop cap!

It’s a secret! I will not tell.
I’ll surprise you very well!

What, What will you do?

What, what will you do?

What, what will you do?

For the talent show



 For the talent show

What will you do?



I know! I will tell a story.

The one with Nemo, Marlin and Dory!




Wow! That’s sounds interesting!

Yes! I will be listening.

Good luck, I’ll cross my fingers for you.

And I’ll knock on wood for you!

There are even idioms - which were inspired by the text book as the videos we watched that come from the online textbook had the characters crossing their fingers but with no explanation.  So I had a little discussion about crossing our fingers for good luck and shared another strange custom of knocking on wood for good luck also. The kids enjoyed knocking on wood...a little too much and too often! 

And here are the kids in action, I made a little montage of the rapping classes, put them all together. Now, be kind, they only had two classes to rehearse this (for about 10 minutes in each class) so they're not exactly Jay-Z or Nicki Minaj ready but they did a great job for an esl, elementary class! 

*proud teacher moment*


I used a free trail program to make this video, it's called Camtasia Studio 8 - free for 30 days and easy to use. Here's the link to download site:   Camtasia Download Link
 

 


0 comments:

Post a Comment